- AS A PROJECT MANAGER, WHY WOULD I NEED TIME-LAPSE FOR MY PROJECT ?
Our technology allows you to clearly see what is happening on site and allows you to monitor progress from your office – or anywhere else in the world. The visual record of your project helps improve processes, monitor OH&S compliance and is an invaluable record for dispute resolution.
- AS A COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER, WHY WOULD I NEED TIME-LAPSE FOR MY PROJECT ?
Our monthly and final time-lapse videos provide you with engaging content to communicate your achievements to stakeholders, consultants, contractors and staff. We can also supply print ready images ‘on demand’ for publicity, press releases and on-line content.
- WHAT IS A REMOTE TIME-LAPSE UNIT ?
The Remote Time-lapse Unit (RTU) is our custom, military spec hardware that combines high-end Nikon digital SLR based capture technology with industrial computer and telemetry components.
- WHY GO TO THE EXTRA EFFORT OF CAPTURING RAW IMAGES ?
RAW is the only capture format capable of producing professional time-lapse sequences. This is due to the control over the image processing (exposure, colour balance, highlight recovery) that RAW facilitates in post-production.
- HOW OFTEN ARE IMAGES TAKEN ?
This depends on the project. We typically capture either a ‘burst’ of 25 images at the same time each day or at an ‘interval’ of every 1-4 minutes. We avoid the interval of every 15-30 mins as this produces very poor results.
- CAN YOU CHANGE HOW MANY IMAGES ARE CAPTURED ONCE THE PROJECT HAS COMMENCED ?
Yes. We have full remote scheduling variability.
- WHAT IS THE ON-LINE IMAGE VIEWER ?
This is a web based portal that allows you to see images every 15 minutes from site.
- IS THE ON-LINE IMAGE VIEWER SECURE ?
Yes. We use SSL encryption for passwords and obfuscation to keep your images secure. Due to the high level of security of our system, we have been awarded projects for industries such as Government and Defence.
- ONCE INSTALLED, HOW OFTEN DO YOU NEED TO VISIT SITE ?
Once installed the only reason to visit site is to clean the front glass of the housing.
- HOW DO THE IMAGES UPLOAD FROM THE CAMERA TO THE SERVER ?
Via mobile phone/cellular data networks.
- DO YOU TAKE CARE OF DATA PLANS ?
Yes, we take care of everything, including data plans.
- CAN YOU USE A SATELLITE UPLINK ?
- CAN YOU USE AN EXISTING CABLED NETWORK FOR INTERNET ACCESS ?
- I HAVE A GREENFIELD SITE, WHAT CAN YOU MOUNT ON ?
We can arrange installation of a pole or one of our custom trailers.
- CAN YOU MOUNT TO EXISTING STRUCTURES, I.E. POLES OR BUILDINGS ?
- DO YOU UNDERTAKE THE INSTALLATION YOURSELVES ?
Yes we arrange everything for you.
- WHY CAN'T I JUST PURCHASE A UNIT AND DO IT MYSELF ?
One of the benefits of engaging The Time-lapse Company is that we look after the whole process from start to finish, leaving you to focus on what you do best.
- CAN I DO THE INSTALLATION MYSELF ?
No as we need to ensure that the installation is done correctly and the only way we can guarantee that is using one of our trained installation staff.
- WHERE DO YOU OPERATE ?
We operate in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and all states in Australia.